- Natural Ability – Game finding ability, marking, gun sense, wind treatment.
- Trainability – The dog takes to any task given without closing down or taking a while to recover from setbacks.
- Confirmation – Straight legged, long in the back, low tail carriage, good size head and muzzle.
- Power – To be able to push through the thickest of cover without slowing in pace, jumping or swimming with little effort.
- Size – A good well put together dog who has a presence.
- Soft Mouth – A dog must treat the game with utter respect, keeping a hold just tight enough to carry but not so much it damages the game.
- Quite in the kennel and field – An eliminating fault in field trials, a dog must be totally mute, training/competing/working.
- Team Player/Honest – A dog that works for you and not himself.
- Stylish – Pleasant on the eye whilst hunting for game.
With all the above in mind, we are always on the lookout for proven studs who compliment our bitches and will hopefully produce pups with above attributes, as you will see all my dogs have solid bitch line and I will only breed to studs with a proven bitch line.